Monday, June 9, 2008

Victory is Mine!

2008 Team Donaldson

I made it. The 150 miles are done, finished, finito, complete! Thank goodness! The weather was about as near to perfect as it could be to bike 150 miles in. Saturday had a slight head wind, but nothing compared to last year and Sunday was overcast w/ a mist of sprinkles for about 10 minutes but other than that we stayed dry! I'm so grateful... Thank you God! It was so much easier to complete than last year. I ended up raising $1,260 and Wade is at $420. Donaldson's team is up to around $80,500 last time I checked, but they are still counting checks that came in and actually accept donations through the end of the month. So hopefully we'll meet our team goal. We'll see. Regardless it was a successful ride and we raised a lot of money for a good cause: to find the cure for MS.

Now it is recuperation time. My rear has to be rested and my muscles need massaged. Wonder if I can talk Wade into giving me one if I give him one in return... It would feel SO nice. :) I'll try to get a pic of Wade and I at the finish and post it on here. I'm sure I look VERY relieved to be done. :)

Thank you all who donated to us! It means SO much to us to have your support! No more riding for me for the time being!

Peace, love and a world free of MS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mentioned cheese curds.

If they came from the "Cheese Curd Capital of Wisconsin" at Ellsworth Cooperative Creamery - then you had the BEST! The Governor of Wisconsin gave them that title! They are so squeaky good and are made from rBST free milk!

Look at their web site about all the ways to enjoy cheese curds! And don't forget to microwave for 15 seconds to restore the squeaky freshness - plus the flavors burst when they are warm! YUM!

Their premium 100% All Natural Cheddar Cheese Curds are the color of fresh milk: White.
Question: “Did you ever drink a glass of orange milk?”
Look for the white cheddar morsels!

They sold over 104,000 pounds to the MN State Fair last year!
If you are at Miller Park in Milwaukee for a Brewers Home Game – you have to try the fried cheese curds! Or at an A&W Restaurant!

They even have a very simple four-ingredient recipe on the back of their FRESH cheese curd packages for battering cheese curds. Bringing the State Fair right into your home! They have more recipes on their web site if you are unable to get Ellsworth Cheese Curds in your grocery stores (Cub Foods - Deli Section is just one of the MN stores that carry Ellsworth Cheese Curds.)

Yum!

www.ellsworthcheesecurds.com