Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Warning: Sappiness Ahead

To My Better Half…

Two years ago today you gave me the absolute honor of becoming my husband. I don’t know what I did in order to deserve you, but for whatever it is I am so grateful. You are the most wonderful person I have ever met. Even though there are times we get on each other’s nerves, remember that I wouldn’t want you any other way (except for in the morning before you've brushed your teeth and your morning breath brings tears to my eyes). :)

I know I am not the easiest person to live with and I am grateful that you put up with me. I will try to be better at compromising and work at acting less like a “princess” and not dictate the household. Marriage is about working together and it takes hard work, but in the end it is worth every effort so I promise to put my whole heart and soul into ours.

In honor of our anniversary I've made a short list of some of the things about you I am thankful for (reference this at any point when you feel I'm being a bitch):

  1. Thank you for giving up your free time and going to school for your MBA. I know it’s not fun for you, but I am thankful for your ambition to succeed and provide a better future for us (and our yet-to-be-conceived kiddo).
  2. Thank you for picking up my slack in the dish washing department. I hate doing the dishes and I love it when I see you did them even though it was my turn. :)
  3. Thank you for being witty, smart, honorable and loyal.
  4. Thank you for making me laugh (even at times I don’t feel like laughing)
  5. Thank you for always putting the toilet seat down. I love not having to worry about falling in the toilet. :)
  6. Thank you for being compassionate, respectful and ambitious.
  7. Thank you for doing 99% of the yard work.
  8. Thank you for being my on-call exterminator. I’m so glad that when I yell out “Spider!” or “Bug!” you come to my rescue. You are my super man!
  9. Thank you for being funny, kind, caring and thoughtful.
  10. Thank you for having the greatest smile, the warmest heart, a great sense of humor and giving me the biggest hugs.

These past 2 years have been wonderful and even though I didn’t think it was possible I love you even more today than the day we got married. I truly believe our marriage is one that has “forever” written all over it and I look forward to what our future together holds. Happy anniversary babe.



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Also, Happy Anniversary Tyma's! :) I'll never forget when your anniversary is!

8 comments:

Matt said...

cute post!

So@24 said...

Love the picture. It actually looks genuine, not forced and unlike a lot of wedding pictures you come across.

Good stuff, Kel

aimee said...

happy anniversary!!

Kate said...

Happy Anniversary!

Bon Don said...

Awwww I love it! It's so great when you can give recognition to your other half for even the smallest things...those are what really count! Beautiful pictures!

Bon Don said...

p.s. Happy Anniversary!

Bon Don said...

p.p.s. I have an award for you over on my blog :)

m said...

I hope I am able to say all this to my future husband long after our wedding day. Very sweet.