I can't believe our little Charlie cracker is already over a week old now! The week has gone by very fast yet very slow at the same time. We've definitely had our challenges but this girl is totally worth it. She has stolen our hearts.
So far she has been an exceptional eater. She eats anywhere from 2 1/2 to 4 ounces each feeding and has already gotten back up to her birth weight which her pediatrician was incredibly impressed with. Eating all this delicious milk makes her sleepy so she sleeps pretty well after a nice meal which gives us about a 3 hour time frame of her passed out. I had some pretty bad issues with breastfeeding and developed mastitis in one of my now HUMONGOUS tatas. Seriously these bad girls have grown out of this league. Anyway, due to my mastitis I am now on antibiotics and have moved from breastfeeding to pumping. It is working well for the most part and we've kind of gotten a little bit of a schedule down. To be honest even though she sleeps quite a bit we still don't have a lot of free time which is why it's taken me this long to blog! All our free time is spent doing shitty/pissy/spit up laundry, trying to keep up on the shit ton of dishes/bottles/pump parts, housework and trying to slip in some food for ourselves in between. With all of this it is amazing how fast the day flies by. I have to say to my single mama friends that I am in AWE of you and how you could do this on your own. This is tough enough w/ an extremely supportive husband. I couldn't imagine trying to handle this on my own.
Wade has been my rock through all of this, as I knew he would be. Through a few hormonal melt downs he has been there by my side and being nothing but supportive and positive. He is truly more than I could ever ask for. Charlie sure is lucky to have such a wonderful Daddy.
Anyway, I'm sure I'll have more to tell but I want to post some pics of Charlie. We think she is gorgeous and I know we are biased, but I don't care. She's the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on.
Wade all suited up to go into the OR
Our 1st Family Photo
Our new little family
Charlie showing off her new bow

10 comments:
AWWWWWW!!! She's so small and cute and squidgy, Love her!
She is SO CUTE!!! Cutest. Baby. EVER.
Wait, make that family ;-)
Love you guys!!!
Congratulations! I began reading your blog just around the time you announced your pregnancy so it's been awesome to see you progress through this pregnancy. :)
She is so tiny and super cute. Love her little going home from the hospital outfit.
I know people always say their kids are cute (and a lot of them aren't) but Charlie is ADORABLE!!! ohhh congrats!!!
yay for a sleeping schedule!! she is absolutely beautiful!! congratulations!!
Woo hoo! I've been away far too long! She is beeeeeeeeautiful! Congrats mama!
She is SO adorable!!!! Can't wait to see pics of her and Kobe together! Those pictures are going to be so cute I might fall over from cuteness overdose!
You guys look great! ;)
OMG congrad. Your baby is the cutest.
Post a Comment