Monday, May 4, 2009

I conquered the yard, now lets hope it lives...

So the hubs and I did some drastic improvements to our yard this weekend and I must say it looks SOOOO good! Wade spent all day Saturday tearing out our old fence and putting up the new one. We still need to stain it but that can wait for a bit. This week we'll lay some sod and then the side yard will be COMPLETE! I'm sure our neighbors are thankful to not have to look at the ghetto fence anymore. Here is the new fence (excuse the shitty photo quality):




And while the hubs was busy building the new fence I was busy spending our life savings on plants. Seriously, who knew plants cost so damn much!?!? These things had better live b/c they cost us an arm and a leg so if I kill them like I have w/ the rest of our plants I will be seriously pissed off! :) Now to finish this off I'll have to buy some landscaping border rock, dig a trench and put them around the garden, fill w/ mulch and lay some sod around the edge. As I told you before, I am NOT a gardener so this has taken me forever to do. Please pray for my new plants. They'll need all the help they can get. :)

So how was your weekend my friends? I am ready for the next one. :)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

UPDATE: A fucking rabbit who lives under our deck has eaten my garden up like an all you can eat buffet. I ran to my favorite Home Depot over lunch and bought some spray that smells like piss and pull up into my driveway and what do I see? Lil Mr. Bwunny Wabbit eating my smorgasborg of flowers. Oh yeah, well I sprayed the shit out of my flowers and let's see how you like em now you cute lil fuck face! Unfortunately I am now back at work and as a result smell like the piss spray. Sorry co-workers...

Happy Freakin Monday.

15 comments:

Matt said...

Seriously... they should just give plants away for free.

I mean, they are good for the environment, right?

Kim said...

I'm pretty sure they mark plants up like, 800%. That's why there's a Lowe's and Home Depot on every corner. THE PLANTS ARE WHERE THE MONEY'S AT!

Yard looks great. You'll do great at keeping it up!

Unknown said...

how fabulous! ...wish I had a yard to work in :) ...hopefully soon. Happy Monday!

E Chuod said...

I have lots of plant in my yard. I think the wind carries the seeds and they just grow like....well.....weeds. Oh, maybe they're just weeds.

Anyway, hi, how you been?

Aline said...

wow, you guys did such a great job!!! I had high hopes for this weekend, but could not find the motivation....or maybe it was the juleps?

LBluca77 said...

Who would have thought they would be so expensive. But the yard looks great.

Gabby said...

You make me laugh! It all looks great...hope that fuckface rabbit stays far away!

drollgirl said...

i love your plants!!! and the fence looks great too!

and DAMN THAT RABBIT!!!! my friend just converted her front yard into a vegetable garden and a rabbit got a hold of it. nightmare. human v. rabbit is a tough game. but human won, rabbit is now gone to a better (or worse??) place, and i hope you win, too!

Christina said...

i don't know where to begin with yards (probably good i don't have one!) good job (and your bunny incident made me laugh, poor guy...i mean, bastard).

rachaelgking said...

Uh, WAR!!! Do I need to bring my kittens over there to take care of this bunny wabbit??

Lady Jane said...

I steal plants from my parents house. All you have to do is split a plant and re=plant it! Except for perennials..those are fricking expensive. I wanted to take a pic of our backyard for ya...but having camera problems:(

Elizabeth Marie said...

HAHAHAHA...Now I understand your tweets to their full effect!

Fucking rabbits.

A+ for effort though woman, I KILL anything green, or of nature for that matter.
xo

Bon Don said...

Oooo your fence looks great!! you got way too much accomplished now I feel like a failure for boozing it up all weekend!!

Babs said...

plants are expensive? wtf?

kadler said...

Haha. Capture it and make it your pet. I bet it'd get along with your dog.

P.S. I tagged you!