How far along? 21 weeks
This is me today. Please excuse the ever classy bathroom picture and look of utter exhaustion. I'm tired.
Total weight gain/loss: I’m on track for a healthy weight gain but I've got to admit it's hard to watch that scale go up so high and so fast. So far I’m up 12 pounds. I think about 10 of that is in my ta-tas.
Stretch marks? None as of now and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way! I lather up with Palmer’s Stretch Mark lotion every morning hoping to keep them away!
Sleep: Sucks. I fall asleep really fast b/c I’m exhausted but I typically wake up for the first time around 2-3 am and then several times there after to move and adjust and get comfortable which is getting harder and harder to do w/ this growing belly. Unfortunately it’s only going to get worse…
Best moment this week: Kobe seems to be getting used to my belly or at least accepting the fate that is coming. I had him sitting on my belly Monday night and was scratching his neck and ears and he was so content. Just look at that sweet face. Maybe he’ll love this baby girl after all!
Food cravings: Buffalo Wild Wings and ice cream. I found a new Kemp’s chocolate w/ cookies and cream dipping dots in it which is so fabulous that I would eat it all day if I could. I don't think my weight gain would stay in the normal range though if I did that!
Labor Signs: None, phew! And hopefully it stays that way for a long time! Keep cooking baby!
Belly Button in or out? How about flat across? But when I laugh it pops out which amuses the hell out of Wade.
What I miss: Do I really need to answer this one? You guys all know I miss my wine, beer, margaritas, martinis, etc. Duh.
What I am looking forward to: Warm weather, BBQ's and walks outside! We’ve gotten a taste of it and now I can’t wait to wear flip flops and skirts every day. Especially b/c skirts are so much more comfortable than pants at this point!
Weekly Wisdom: Once you wear maternity pants you will never want to go back. Seriously. I thought I’d wear some of my old pants to work this week and just use my belly band to hold them in place and I was SO uncomfortable. Elastic waists are WAY better! I never thought I’d be caught dead saying that! :)
Milestones: We’ve passed the half way mark! Baby girl is approximately 10 inches head to toe and weighs almost 13 ounces. We’re nearing the pound mark! She also has working taste buds and therefore can taste all the yummy ice cream I’ve been eating. Hope she likes it! :)
7 comments:
its so weird towards the end when you can see them move from one side to the other.
im glad is going well for you.
I'm in love with maternity pants. I'm sure I'll be eager to get out of them in the end, but for now, I can't understand why women don't wear them all the time. They are so, so comfortable.
Congrats on your progressing pregnancy!
Pregnancy is something i find hard to get my head around. If it ever happens to me, I'll be so confused (and not just because it'll have to be the immaculate conception since i'm gathering cobwebs down below) - the idea that there's a tiny person INSIDE YOU blows my mind! Even though that's how pretty much ALL of us got here, growing inside someone. (Actually, what am I talking about, we ALL got there that way eventually. It's not like we're clones. Or are we!)
Your baby bump is so adorable! Glad Kobe is getting used to it now.
I will be having a beer for you tonight!
Oh and you look totally fabulous! Pregnancy def agrees with you!
Dude. I wore maternity pasts WAY past when I should have been. I'm talking WAY past the dude making his entrance in the world. So darn comfy!
You are a cute pregnant lady! Some people just explode.
you are already half way?! that is so wild! she's a 'comin' soon! well, not that soon.
and i am glad kobe has accepted your belly. ahhahaha! yay!
hope you have a super weekend!
Post a Comment