Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ain't Nothin Gonna Break My Stride (or Waddle)

Today is a big day. Well not really. But I like to pretend it is. Today is my 35/35. I’m in my 35th week of pregnancy and have 35 days left to go. Pretty rad when you think of it that way. 35 days is only a little over a month and it makes it seem so close. But then somehow it still feels so far away… Hmmm…

Regardless, today is a good day. It’s bright and sunny out (although hot and muggy and making me swell, but we are only focusing on the good stuff) and my wonderful co-workers are throwing me a shower tonight. I’m looking forward to some more socializing! And I’m wearing my favorite maternity dress which is long so it’s hiding my cankles! Although it’s not hiding my little sausage toes. Oh well. Can’t win em all.

Last weekend, Shannon and Derik’s wedding was beautiful and a ton of fun. This fatty even made it out on the dance floor and even dropped it low. And then I promptly needed Wade’s help to get back up. :)

Kara, the beautiful bride Shannon and Me

Wade made a bra! He's so talented!

My mom is obsessed with talking to little Nugget. Even while we are out dancing she starts trying to talk to her. :)

Me, my Mom and Kara

My hugeness, my Dad and Kara

This weekend I get to drive down to Des Moines for my final baby shower hosted by my good friends Ang and Katie and my sis, Kara. I can’t wait to get to see all my Des Moines girlfriends one last time before having this kiddo. I wish I got to see them more often…

While I am in Des Moines lucky Wade gets to work on continuing our bathroom remodel. We purchased a shit ton of shit (yes, my vocabulary rocks) from Home Depot this week and he will be tearing out the old sky blue heinous tile flooring and replacing it with some new natural colored tiles, putting in a new sink/vanity that actually has some storage for our tiny bathroom and hanging white wainscoting on the walls. Lots of work! I can’t wait to see it when I come home on Sunday! Needless to say he’ll be working his tail off this weekend and even after all that our bathroom STILL won't be completely done. We still are going to replace that fugly mirror and the lights above it. Sorry hun! But know that I appreciate all your hard work in trying to get our house ready for little Nugget! :)

You can just barely see the icky sky blue tiles that don't match anything. Ew. And that mirror has got to go ASAP.

Other than that, nothing else new on our home front. How bout ya’ll? Any fun plans for the weekend? I can’t believe next weekend is already the 4th of July holiday. We normally would spend it out on Lake Bracken soaking in the sun and water and drinking in the booze. This year I suspect it will be MUCH lower key. Bah. Oh well. Next year.

Lata gatas~

5 comments:

P said...

Haha, the pic of Wade and his "bra" cracked me up!

Only 35 days to go!!! Wheeee!!!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to tell you you look beautiful preggo! 35 more days! Hope they go by fast for you...

Gabby said...

"a shit ton of shit" lol! That's pretty much how I speak too. And I gotta say, you look really good pregnant! :)

drollgirl said...

only 35 days! yeesh! time is flying by!

and i hope you RAKE IT IN at the baby showers! you will!!

hope you have a fab weekend!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Your mama is beeeeautiful. Just like her daughter!