Thursday, February 25, 2010

Push, push... in the bush! *

Last year there was Arbor Mist in that water bottle...

It’s that special time of the year again. That’s right, the joyous time I hit you all up for money. But relax. It’s for a good cause, as always. (Which unfortunately for me means it will not be going into my bank account to fund my shopping habit.)

You see, for the last 3 years I have participated in finding a cure for MS. I wish I could say I’m a genius lab tech who slaves away and actually invents these miraculous drugs to kill the disease but no, I’m just a measly little woman who rides her bike for 150 miles or walks for 2 miles. This year, being that I’m knocked up, I’ll be doing the walk. At the time of the walk I will be a whopping 28 weeks pregnant. To those of you who need help with that, it's 7 months huge! I will likely be as large as a house. Or at the very least an SUV. Let’s take a look at how this could be bad for me…
  • I could lose my sense of balance (since I will be ginormous) and trip and fall on my face. Road rash on my face will not be aesthetically pleasing nor will it feel nice.
  • I get winded very easily (like a 90 year old asthmatic) and will likely need to sit and rest numerous times which will mean the 2 mile walk will take us approximately 8 hours to complete.

  • Last year my dog stopped and took a shit right in front of the hundreds/thousands of people walking along side us. This was the 1st and last time I have ever felt the need to pick up his shit. This also happened directly before walking onto a bridge that we were stuck on for 15 minutes which led to 15 minutes of me holding my dog’s still warm dookie in a plastic baggie. This better not happen again.

  • Last year I also enjoyed a fabulous water bottle filled with Arbor Mist. Unfortunately the doc says I shouldn’t indulge in that whilst pregnant. So my water bottle will be filled with… water. Boring!

  • All the strenuous walking may cause me to get contractions which will definitely slow down my walking pace to a crawl. As my friend Katie, who has MS has stated, she will push me in a wheelchair if need be. How about that? The amazing woman w/ MS pushing the fat ass pregnant lady!
This is me at 18 weeks. Add on 10 more weeks of belly. Like whoa.


Alas, I’m sure there are numerous other possibilities of things going badly. Regardless, I am hoping the walk goes off without a hitch and I easily make the 2 mile trek b/c I want to do this for Katie. She is the strongest woman I know and luckily for her she is currently on a drug that is working miracles in her body. Unfortunately, not all MS patients can say the same. It is a debilitating disease and one that we desperately need to fight to find the cure for. So please, take a moment, go to my page and donate. It’s tax deductible! Uncle Sam wants you to do it! And like last year if you donate I will linky dink to you and thank you over and over again. Maybe even lick your face off. (If you like that sort of thing...)

Rock on!

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Walk/NTHWalkEvents?px=3047773&pg=personal&fr_id=13635

*Yeah, I know this title has absolutely nothing to do with this post but I am the blog author and can do what I want. It was the first thing that came to my head and well, I wanted to say bush. Haha, I said bush. Tough shit.

9 comments:

P said...

I'm a bit low on funds this month so could only donate ten dollars but I guess every little helps, right? :)

Matt said...

Im glad you didnt promise anything this year...

because you totally stiffed me last year!!

just kidding. On my way now to donate.

drollgirl said...

i need to donate but am dead broke until payday. i will not forget to do this, tho.

Kellie said...

P - YES! Every little bit helps! Thank you soooooo much! :)

Matt - I know. That was an empty promise wasn't it? I'm so sorry. Glad you are still willing to donate to my promise stiffing ass! (haha, I said stiffing)

Drollgirl - I know how you feel, I'm dead broke too! Thanks for being willing to donate though! U rule! :)

Tessey Sue said...

You forgot the need to pee every 53 steps.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You rock lady!So so generous of you. And don't worry. I was walking 2-3 miles a day up until I gave birth. You can totes do it!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Oh and I'll totally donate this weekend!

lbluca77 said...

Just donated. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious - and I'll donate later this week. when i retrieve my card from the bar where i accidently left it. oops.