Tuesday, March 9, 2010

When I grow up...

Some women know ever since they are little pre-pubescent girls how to finish that sentence. Some, like me, take a little while longer to complete this sentence. I know of some women who have always wanted to be nothing more than a mother. They’ve dreamt of growing up and having babies and that is all they’ve ever wanted to do. Me on the other hand, not so much. I always wanted a monkey and not a kid. It’s not that I don’t want to be a mother now b/c at this point in my life I am so excited about it. But looking back I would have finished that sentence VERY differently...

(All ages approximate)

Age 3:
When I grow up I want to be a puppy. Ruff!

Age 5:
When I grow up I want to be Barbie.

Age 8:
When I grow up I want to be a teacher and boss kids around.

Age 11:
When I grow up I want to be a vet. Animals are much cuter & snugglier than kids.

Age 15:
When I grow up I want to be an interior designer.

Age 18:
When I grow up I want to be a graphic designer w/ no kids, just a little cute monkey that I can carry around on my shoulder and pet.

Age 19:
When I grow up I have no clue what I want to be. Where’s the keg? Let’s party! (Kids definitely do not fit in the party scene)

Age 22:
When I grow up I want to be a realtor. (Yeah, that lasted 6 months)

Age 24:
When I grow up I want to be anything other than what I am doing now: banking. (Oops, still banking...)

Now:
When I grow up I want to be a great mother.

Here’s to hoping that I can be as wonderful a mother as my mom was to us. Which will be damn near impossible but I will put in a hefty effort! Although she told me that when she was little all she wanted to do was be a mom so I’ve got some big shoes to fill considering I just recently decided being a mom was something I’d like to be.

I’ve got dreams for this little nugget that is kicking me like crazy. Not only is she going to be a kick ass ninja (obviously b/c damn girl, you can whip out a round house kick like no ones business!) but she’s going to be loved so much by so many that ANYTHING is possible for her! She’s going to be a rock star! And a very fashionable one at that! We are so blessed!

xoxo~

13 comments:

Unknown said...

awe, this is sweet ....{i too wanted to be a vet at one point and an interior designer ...I did, however, end up a graphic designer. but I'm over it now ...I just want to be a mother}

Elizabeth Marie said...

I think we all wanted to be interior designers! AHA!

You're going to be a great mother!

Court said...

You're going to be a badass mother! (With a lil ninja kid!)

rachaelgking said...

"Animals are much cuter & snugglier than kids."

Still true.

Except for yours. Yours will be different. ;-)

lbluca77 said...

You will be an amazing mama. Just remember to teach her that a lady always wears panties under her dress, especially if she is going to do a keg stand.

drollgirl said...

girl, i still don't know what i want to be. i have dreams of winning the lottery! hahahaha

and your little girl is goign to have it all! :)

P said...

And you'll be a fab mum - I'm sure of it!

Moooooog35 said...

I too wanted to be a great mother.

Sadly, I could never afford the sex change.

Good luck to you, though!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I have no doubt that your lil' lady is going to have one fabulous mama!

Anonymous said...

I love when you do posts like this!! You are going to be a great mom!

Beth said...

What a great post!!!!

Baby Ross said...

Awww, you are going to be a GREAT mama! We can't wait to meet the litte one this summer!

Anonymous said...

I think I am more theoretical than practical. pandora bracelets On a personal level, pandora charms I love jewelry. pandora jewellery I have participated in an important local pandora bracelets silver contest called Plata del Peru, pandora charms sponsored by Patronato de la Plata, pandora jewellery as an invited judge. My years with Novica pandora bracelets have broadened my experience still further in many ways. Meanwhile, pandora charms the market has enjoyed great growth, and I now feel myself closer to the market at Novica. pandora jewellery New jewelry materials and concepts are always wandering around the world, pandora bracelets so I keep learning about what's new.