Monday, June 28, 2010

I've got a new shitter!

While I was in Des Moines all weekend for a wonderful baby shower hosted by my gorgeous and generous friends and sister, Wade was back home working on installing the new bathroom tile floor. Originally we thought that if he started first thing Saturday morning he could have it done and the toilet back in on Sunday night by the time I got home. Unfortunately that was not the case. This called for an impromptu one night longer stay for me in Des Moines b/c a pregnant woman cannot be in a house without a toilet. That would be HORRIBLE.

So I drove home this morning bright and early and went into work for the afternoon while Wade finished up on installing the toilet so that I wouldn't have to freak out about where I was going to pee every 30 minutes when I got home. And he just texted me this...
LOVE it! Do you remember the 'before' pic? If not, I'll remind you...

This is one millionty times better! I am so excited! Now we just need to get the faucet in and the new mirror and lights and we are SET! Wade is such a great handyman. I'm a lucky lady.

xoxo~

5 comments:

P said...

Oooh!!! It's so pretty!!!

(Far too pretty to be referred to as a "shitter" - tut tut!) ;)

drollgirl said...

it is good to have a functioning shitter, and it is even better when it is pretty!

well done, WADE!!!

rachaelgking said...

Hahaha, this is so funny, because like 8 things in our apartment are broken right now, and last night I looked at B and was all, "You're not very handy, are you?"

And he was all "I never claimed to be, woman."

Sigh.

(And THANK YOU for the sidebar pimpage!!! You are the best!)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

It's lookin' goooorgeous lady! Have fun christening it. HA!

cathyjoy said...

and? i'm so observant that i didn't even notice no fixtures on the sink! shitter looks awesome!!!